Sunday, June 14, 2009

There is less of me, and that's a GOOD thing

This has been a victorious week for me, and it wasn't easy, but
at least I've won some battles of the bulge...and my flesh is
being trained...
I've fought off the temptation more than once to skip going to
the gym, to binge out on ice cream, to skip meals because
it seems stupid to eat when I'm NOT hungry...the list goes on.
However, I have cried out to God for His strength and grace
when I've needed it, and He has come through in POWER-
and the fruit of self-control kicks in gear- I give Him the praise,
and He gets the glory...I reap the benefits in both my physical
body, as well as my spiritual one.

I joined SnapFitness about 6 weeks ago and my BMI is down
1.2%, with a 5.5 lb. weight loss ( according to the scales )
The staff will re-measure me at the beginning of Aug,
and I will get a better idea of where I'm losing the inches.
Since I have worked out in the past (Curves) I'm aware that
as I build muscle, some areas such as thighs and arms may
actually increase, so I won't be discouraged if these numbers
go up.
I am experiencing some problems w/ my blood pressure-
it is erratic- I suppose it would be a good idea to call my
doctor and talk to him about it.
It seems to reason that if exercise and diet can lower b/p
and cholesterol , then the current dosage might need to
be lowered as well ( I sure hope so ).
So, I'm about to begin into the 7th week of this interesting
journey of exercising my body and my faith.
Stay tuned ( or should I say "toned"?)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That's exciting. Every good report is a victory, whether it is an inch or a pound or even a few points of a pound. Rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete